Monday, April 20, 2009

Back at work.

Cross posted from the Theatre Centre

What to discuss these days? There just seems like so much to talk about. So much that needs to be worked out. And I think conversation is one of the ways to help. So much desire to meet and yet so much fatigue. So much desire just to talk about anything but what we always talk about. Such a need to get past myself and the things I hear myself saying over and over again. To be able, maybe, just to reach near the end of a thought instead of these constant half starts and blips. Something needs to give. We can’t (I can’t) continue at this pace - the work will suffer, and that’s the point right? The work. And my life. My life is suffering...and that’s the point too.

To have space to reflect, in a deep back of the brain kind of way. The kind of reflection that happens from playing in park, in actually reading some of the books I buy, in letting mind wander in a way that doesn’t just mean hitting the refresh button. These seem to be uneasy times and maybe Toronto is an uneasy city. Or at least the way I’m dealing with it is.

But it is sunny when I look past my computer monitor. And yet, here I am, inside, wearing jogging pants and a hoody, complaining about being busy and overwhelmed.

I’m stepping away from the computer. To see if that helps.

So - there are many things to discuss. Let’s do it in the streets, in the theatre, and in the bars. Let’s do it in person.

I hope to see you soon.

No comments: